An insurance coverage for long-term care because of severe disability.
CareShield Life will provide better protection and assurance in 4 ways:
1. Lifetime cash payouts for as long as you are severely disabled
2. Payouts increase over time.
- Starting at $600 per month in 2020.
- Payouts increase until age 67, or when you make claims, whichever is earlier
3. Government Subsidies to make it affordable
- No one will lose coverage if they cannot pay the premiums.
4. Premiums can be fully payable by MediSave.
- If you are born in 1980 or later:
If you are born between 1980 to 1990 (aged 30 to 40 in 2020, you will be automatically covered by CareShield Life in 2020. If you are born after 1990 (aged below 30 in 2020), you will be automatically covered by CareShield Life when you turn 30.
- If you are born in 1979 or earlier:
You can choose to join CareShield Life in 2021 if you are not severely disabled. To make joining CareShield Life more convenient, you will be automatically covered by CareShield Life from 2021
a. if you are a Singapore Resident born between 1970 and 1979 and are
b. insured under the ElderShield 400 scheme and are
c. not severely disabled.
CareShield Life targets those with severe disability; unable to perform at least 3 Activities of Daily Living (ADL) e.g. Dressing, Washing, Feeding, Toileting, Walking / Moving around and Transferring